Sun, Oct 29|
Introduction to Garden Photography with Victor Santos
Join us for an enlightening two-hour beginner photography class led by the talented Victor Santos, a seasoned Fine Art Photographer with a global perspective.
Time & Location
Oct 29, 2023, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
San Diego, Zura Wy, San Diego, CA 92115, USA
About the event
College Area Community Garden is thrilled to present Fine Art Photographer, Victor Santos. Born in Jalisco, Mexico, Victor's journey into the world of photography began unexpectedly while working as a software developer at Intuit. His passion ignited when one of his photographs graced the inside cover of the Intuit TurboTax product box, transforming a spark into a lifelong pursuit. This unique blend of technology and artistry eventually led Victor to the American Film Institute, where he honed his skills and contributed to the development of premium TurboTax multimedia products.
Throughout his career, Victor's dedication to photography has been unwavering. He expanded his knowledge by studying at UCSD's school of photography and training under renowned professionals such as Jay Maisel, Barbara Brodnick, Stephen Wilks, Anne Leibovitz, Seth Resnick, and Greg Gorman. His dedication to the craft has earned him accolades, including awards from Calumet Photography and the Del Mar Fair. Victor's passion extends beyond his own work, as he has shared his expertise through teaching in programs like UCSD/SD MOPA youth mentorship and at the Fallbrook Community Center.
As a current Audubon Society photographer and a supporter of UC Master Gardener photography initiatives, Victor Santos brings a wealth of experience and a global perspective to our community garden photography class, promising an enriching and inspiring learning experience for beginners. Discover the art of photography under his expert guidance, and let your creativity bloom in the vibrant backdrop of our College Area Community Garden.
Participant will explore essential aspects of photography, including camera basics such as modes, ISO, and white balance and composition. Victor will guide the class in understanding depth of field, motion capture through shutter speed, and the unique challenges of photographing nature in the garden. Victor's expertise, participants will gain a foundation to being exploring the world of photography.
General Class/Garden Details:
We are excited to welcome you to our upcoming class in the garden! To ensure that you have a comfortable and enjoyable experience, please take note of the following important information and preparations:
- Please fill out this WAIVER prior to class
- Dress Appropriately: Wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing. We recommend lightweight, breathable fabrics for warm days and layered clothing for cooler weather.
- Don't forget to wear a hat or cap to protect yourself from the sun. Sensible footwear is a must. Choose closed-toe shoes with good grip for walking around the garden.
- Sun Protection: The garden can be quite sunny, so we strongly advise applying sunscreen before arriving. Consider bringing extra sunscreen for reapplication.
- Sunglasses can protect your eyes from the sun's glare.
- Hydration: Staying hydrated is essential. Bring a reusable water bottle and refill it as needed during the class.
- Note-taking Materials: Bring a notebook and pen or any note-taking device you prefer to jot down valuable information during the class.
- Garden Etiquette: Please be mindful of the garden's natural beauty. Avoid picking flowers or disturbing wildlife. Stay on designated paths and respect any signs indicating restricted areas.
- Photography: Feel free to capture the garden's beauty with your camera or smartphone. However, be considerate of others and avoid using flash in close proximity to plants or animals.
- Questions and Engagement: Don't hesitate to ask questions and engage with the instructor. We want you to make the most of this learning experience.
- Relax and Enjoy: Take a moment to unwind and connect with nature. Enjoy the sights, sounds, and scents of the garden.
- We look forward to seeing you at the garden class. If you have any specific concerns or questions beforehand, please feel free to reach out to us.
General Admission$15.00+$0.38 service fee