Sat, Feb 10|
Backyard Orchard Basics (Deciduous Trees) with Robert Lawson
Join us for a unique and informative class, "Backyard Orchard Basics with Robert Lawson," led by UC Master Gardener and CACG Orchard Manager, Robert Lawson. This class will focus on deciduous trees.
Time & Location
Feb 10, 2024, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
San Diego, Zura Wy, San Diego, CA 92115, USA
About the event
Class Description: Join us for a unique and informative class, led by the UC Master Gardener and CACG Orchard Manager, Robert Lawson. This class is designed for both gardening novices and seasoned green thumbs looking to explore fruit tree culture.
In this comprehensive workshop, Robert Lawson will share his extensive knowledge and experience in deciduous fruit tree care and maintenance. Participants will gain valuable insights into selecting the right types of trees for their backyard environments, considering factors like climate, soil type, and available space.
The class will cover a range of essential topics, including:
- Dicidusou Tree Selection: Learn how to choose fruit trees that are best suited for your specific backyard conditions.
- Planting Techniques: Understand the best practices for planting and establishing healthy fruit trees.
- Maintenance and Care: Get hands-on tips for pruning, watering, and fertilizing to ensure your trees remain healthy and productive.
- Pest and Disease Management: Discover how to identify and manage common pests and diseases that may affect your fruit trees.
- Harvesting and Pruning: Learn about the correct timing and methods for harvesting fruits and seasonal pruning techniques.
This interactive session will not only provide theoretical knowledge but also practical demonstrations, ensuring participants leave with a clear understanding of how to start and maintain a thriving backyard orchard.
Whether you're dreaming of fresh homegrown fruits or looking to enhance your gardening skills, "Backyard Orchard Basics with Robert Lawson" offers the perfect opportunity to learn from an expert.
Please Note: The class will take place outdoors. Please make certain you dress in layers. This is a large working garden, please wear clothing that could potentially get wet or dirty. Please wear non-slip closed toed shoes. We are a zero-waste space, so please leave no trace. We have a water refill station for your convenience, please bring a water bottle.
Our garden is located adjacent to Parking Lot 2c on SDSU campus. There is no free parking on SDSU Campus. To ensure that you are not ticketed, please take an alternate form of transportation, such as the trolly or MTS. Or, find free street parking. Daily and hourly SDSU Visitor Parking permits may be purchased via this link.
CACG is a separate 501c3 non-profit and not part of SDSU.
- Ticket type
Member or StudentPrice$0.00Sale ended
- Ticket type
Open to the PublicPrice$0.00